Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dependance

I heard the line from a song tonight: “I could have used your voice today”.
I could have used you today. I think about your hands on my shoulders when I feel tense. I think about your voice when I’m stressed. I long for your embrace when I’m tired, lonely, happy, angry, and depressed. I depend on you for my happiness. Even though I usually can’t hear your voice when I need to, don’t get to relax when I’m wound up, and don’t get your comfort for many weeks at a time, just the thought that you can fix all my problems fixes most of them when you’re not here.
I am not ashamed or feel weak because I depend on you. I feel strong that I have a person behind me holding me up. I know, without a doubt, that I can make myself happy. I do. But you are my ground, my wall, my mountain, my every cliché.

____

Just a few thoughts. Feeling sentimental. And apparently a little deffiant...Happy though. Very happy.

No comments: