Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yes and No

Yes and No

To people from my past and present, friends and lovers.

Yes,
I still think about you
I still think of “what if’s”
I miss things about you

No,
I don’t think I should forget you
I don’t regret a single moment with you
I wouldn’t change the way things happened

Yes, I am happy.
No, I do not want it back.
Yes, I still love you.
No, I am not ashamed.

________________________

Nothing special I know. But it's heartfelt, and something on my mind. I don't like that it seems to be expected that when a relationship ends, one seems to be expected to be bitter, or at least want to forget the whole experience like that. No one I have loved ever leaves my heart. I refuse to be ashamed of that. And just as much as I don't regret my past, I don't regret that these relationships have ended. People grow and change, and honestly some don't.

No comments: