Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Going home...or the other home

So I'm sitting in the airport, ready to go back to South Carolina. Thing is, I'm nervous. I didn't think much had changed this year, but now I'm rethinking that. Living in a house, off of campus, I'm realizing I've probably done a lot more growing up. Besides that, I haven't been home for a little more than 4 months. I know that things between my parents and I will be fine. That kind of relationship rarely changes. But Chase...I've already told him I'm nervous. We've kept in touch constantly since I left, but there's that worry that things will be different. I haven't seen him for four months. Have my feelings changed? Has he changed? I can't tell. I'm excited, and worried. And I also know i'm overthinking this way to much.
Another worry, I want to meet up and talk to Ian. For those who don't know, he's an ex who I dated for 3 years, and there's a connection there that I don't think will ever leave me. He called me a few weeks ago, and sounded really stressed. So I want to call him when i get home, but then again I don't. Last time I saw him was more than a year ago, and I was still trying to control my nerves enough not to be sick. I hope I'm over that. I can't really tell. I'm worried that if I call him he'll have changed his mind and not want to see me. Or worse, that he won't remember or will regret having called me before. It could happen. And here i go overthinking. The day I find a way to shut off my thoughts will be a great and relaxing day.
Five hours till I'm in South Carolina. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

KirbyTheGenius said...

Best of luck, Jaime.
Best of luck.